It's November, the days are growing short, and we know that flu season is on its way. Get prepared with an Ayurvedic flu season survival kit! Better still, this kit will still be useful when winter gives way to spring and allergy season arrives.
(If you are pregnant, diabetic, have high blood pressure or are taking blood thinners, please consult your practitioner before using these remedies)
Neti pot (nasal rinse cup): use for colds, sinus infections and allergies (See here how to do nasal rinse and dry your nose correctly afterwards)
Neem Soap: Use for hand washing especially during flu season--it's a great antiviral and antibacterial soap.
Natural mineral salt or Himalayan salt
- Use in tub to relieve coughs and colds
- Use in neti pot for sinus conditions and allergies
- Use with turmeric as gargle
- Use in steam for coughs
- Use with hot water and salt as gargle for sore throats
- Mix with honey and eat for allergies
- Use with ginger and tulsi as a tea for coughs, colds and flus
- Use with ginger and turmeric as tea for coughs, colds and flus, or just enjoy it on its own.
- Use with turmeric and tulsi as a tea for coughs, colds and flus
- Use with lemon and honey to relieve upper respiratory tract infections
- Use with baking soda in tub to promote sweating and relieve aches
- Sweeten your turmeric, tulsi and ginger tea
- Use with lemon and ginger for colds
- Take with turmeric for allergies
- Eat by the spoon as an expectorant
- Mix with sitopaladi
Use as tea for sore throat
Use for coughs, colds and flus, half a teaspoon three times daily.
Take to aid recovery after colds and flus; or as a preventative to support immunity
Alakananda Ma M.B., B.S. (Lond.) is a Certified Ayurvedic Doctor (NAMA) and graduate of a top London medical school. She is co-founder of Alandi Ayurveda Clinic and Alandi Ayurveda Gurukula in Boulder Colorado, as well as a spiritual mother, teacher, flower essence maker and storyteller. Alakananda is a well known and highly respected practitioner in the Ayurveda community both nationally and internationally.
Enliven your holistic health! Visit Alakananda Ma in Alandi Ashram’s ayurvedic clinic to support the overall rejuvenation of your body, mind, and spirit. In-person and virtual appointments available. Book now!