Here is another great recipe from guest blogger Savitri. Vegan Pozole combines traditional Mexican cuisine with principles of Ayurvedic nutrition for a delicious and healthful meal.
Pozole sauce Ingredients
- 4 small Tomatillos
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1poblano pepper
- 2anaheim peppers
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- a handful of cilantro
- 2 cups ofhominy
- 2 cups of chop nopales
- 2 cups of mushroom
- 1/4 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 1/2 Tsp cumin
- 4 cups of water
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pozole sauce preparation
• Sauté the garlic and spices in a skillet
• Boil the tomatillos and peppers until the tomatillos are soft. Let themcool down, blend them with 2 cups of water, addthe cilantro and the previously sautéed spices.
• In a big pot, stir-fry the nopales and mushrooms with salt and pepper.
• Add the tomatillo and pepper sauce to the nopales and mushrooms.
• Add the hominy to the pot.
• Add more water, let simmer for 20 minutes, add salt and pepper.
• When is ready serve it with some slices of radish, more oregano, lettuce and lime.
Alakananda Ma M.B., B.S. (Lond.) is a Certified Ayurvedic Doctor (NAMA) and graduate of a top London medical school. She is co-founder of Alandi Ayurveda Clinic and Alandi Ayurveda Gurukula in Boulder Colorado, as well as a spiritual mother, teacher, flower essence maker and storyteller. Alakananda is a well known and highly respected practitioner in the Ayurveda community both nationally and internationally.
Enliven your holistic health! Visit Alakananda Ma in Alandi Ashram’s ayurvedic clinic to support the overall rejuvenation of your body, mind, and spirit. In-person and virtual appointments available. Book now!