One way to preserve the bounty of summer is in the form of gourmet vinegars. Nasturtium vinegar is one of our favourites.
- One small bowl nasturtium flowers
- One bottle white wine vinegar
- Gather fresh, vibrant nasturtium flowers and rinse well, removing any insects.
- Place nasturtiums in clean quart jar and add the wine vinegar. Keep the vinegar bottle for later use.
- Let the nasturtiums sit in the vinegar for a few days until it becomes bright red.
- Strain well and pour back into the vinegar bottle.
Alakananda Ma is a Certified Ayurvedic Doctor (NAMA) and graduate of a top London medical school. She is co-founder of Alandi Ayurveda Clinic and Alandi Ayurveda Gurukula in Boulder Colorado, as well as a spiritual mother, teacher, flower essence maker and storyteller. Alakananda is a well known and highly respected practitioner in the Ayurveda community both nationally and internationally.
Enliven your holistic health! Visit Alakananda Ma in Alandi Ashram’s ayurvedic clinic to support the overall rejuvenation of your body, mind, and spirit. In-person and phone appointments available. Book now!