I first tasted guest blogger Savitri's Cauliflower Hummus at a baby shower potluck. If you can't eat legumes but want to enjoy the hummus experience, this is a great recipe. And if you do eat chickpeas, you still might try this recipe for a change!
- 1 cup of cauliflower
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp of onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 2 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp of lime (more to taste)
- 2 tbsp tahini (more to taste)
- Salt and black pepper(to taste)
- 1 pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Add water to get the desired consistency
Stir fried the cauliflower, onions and garlic.
Roast the cumin seeds, then the sunflower seeds.
Put all the ingredients in your food processor or blender, and blend it until is smooth.
Serve it with carrots, celery or your favorite gluten free bread.